In this Masterclass we will learn:
- Reasons for implant fractures.
- Compressive zones and stress areas of dental implants.
- Biological effect of osseointegrated bone.
- Implant removal protocol depending on the platform integrity.
- Immediate implant placement protocol.
More often the implant fracture has become an issue addressed to different factors. Among others, excessive non axial forces by para functional habits or narrow classical platforms and even non occlusal control may lead to implant fracture.
The biological effect of the surrounding bone can affect the osseointegration of the implant depending on the biological stimulation of the bone dividing the implant in 3 parts.
The implant removal and immediate placement should follow a biological guide and rationale to understand the behavior of the bone interacting with the fixture and the instruments used to eliminate this integration.